Is your baby ready for solid foods? Best baby cereals are here to make eating more enjoyable! Usually, around 6-months of age, babies are ready to have their first taste of solid foods. From a nutritional point of view, some medical professionals suggest breastmilk before their first birthday. However, best baby cereals can be a good start for your baby. Baby Cereals are usually the first recommended solid food for babies from 4 to 6 months of age.
Many parents are worried because their little ones are not ready to have solid foods because they just don’t like the taste. When it comes to taste and different flavors, baby cereals are the best alternative to any solid foods. As many kids love to have this baby cereal and they are also reducing the effort of parents, the popularity and demand of best baby cereals is in high status to the new moms and dads.
So many searches on google and other search engines for baby cereals for good health, best baby cereals, top baby cereal brands, etc gives the idea that so many moms and dads depend on the baby cereals for their precious. Besides, search for best baby cereals Uk, best baby cereals USA, best baby cereals India, etc also bears the proof of worldwide popularity of baby cereals.
When it comes to the question which are the best baby cereal brands, there are some best baby cereal brands available in the market. Gerber baby cereal, Happy baby cereal, NurturMe Baby Cereal, etc are very famous brands in the market. Some other best baby cereal brands with various combinations and flavors are also available in the market.
What are Cereals?
Cereals are edible parts of grains such as rye, oats, barley, maize, triticale, millet and sorghum. They are usually milled by first grinding them. After that, they go through sifting, separation, and regrinding. Cereals are cultivated for their highly nutritious edible seeds, which are often called grains. Some cereals have been taken as staple foods both directly for human consumption and indirectly via livestock feed since the beginning of civilization. Cereals are the most important sources of food, and cereal‐based foods are a major source of energy, protein, B vitamins and minerals for the world population. Generally, cereals are affordable to produce, are easily stored and transported, and do not deteriorate readily if kept dry.
There are many ways to offer cereal to your baby. Best baby cereals have a wide variety of cereals with different items, tastes, and flavors. You can mix other things with the baby cereals and make eating more fun.
Best baby cereals in the market are popular not only because they are delicious but also, they are very nutritious. Once your kid has tried a wide variety of individual foods, the possible combinations are unlimited. You can take multiple fruits or multiple vegetables to mix with the cereal, or you can mix fruit and a vegetable into the cereal. Combine foods that are various `colors to get a wide variety of vitamins and minerals in a single meal. For example, mix pears and green beans with rice cereal, or combine green beans, carrots, and apples with oatmeal.
After your little one has been eating solids for a month or two, try adding with flavor and texture a little bit more. You can add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to pureed sweet potatoes with rice cereal, or blending avocado and banana with oatmeal can also be a good choice.
Why baby cereals are Important?
There are so many brands in the market. All are not healthy. But a study on some of the best baby cereals show the following health benefits:
- Baby cereals got iron as one of the ingredients which are essential for mental and physical growth.
- It gives the baby a unique food texture in the mouth without any new strong flavors.
- It will also help to get your baby used to coordinate and swallowing something thicker than milk.
- Cereal grains are rich in enzymes like protease, amylase, lipases, and oxidoreductases.
- It is a good source of vitamins like Vitamin-B complex, Vitamin A, etc.
- It is a good source of vitamins like Vitamin-B complex, Vitamin A, etc.
- The fiber content in cereals decreases the speed of glucose secretion from food and hence reduce the blood sugar level.
- It contains excellent laxative properties that relieve constipation and colon disorders
Start Baby Cereals
Once your newborn is between four and six months of age, he or she may start showing signs of readiness for solid foods. Those signs carry the capability to support her own head, good tongue thrust (can push food out of her mouth) and showing interest in the foods you’re eating.
When you feel your baby is ready and your pediatrician gives the go-ahead, you can then start feeding her rice cereal by mixing the cereal flakes with her breast milk or formula. The familiar flavor will help your baby take the new food and rice cereal tends to be less allergy-provoking than some other foods.
Infants are just experiencing new tastes and textures, so don’t be upset if she initially rejects your efforts. Try again in a few minutes. Once she gets used to the rice cereal, increase the quantity gradually.
Top 5 Best Baby Cereals
Most of the times, parents are worried about the quality of foods they are feeding their babies. One of the most common queries is that “Which are the best baby cereals for my baby?” Today’s article will help you to find the best answers to your question. Here is our top 5 best baby cereals product review:
- Gerber Baby Cereal Probiotic Oatmeal & Banana Baby Cereal
Most babies are pretty chill when it comes to eating flavorless solids for the first time, but for some little ones, they may need an extra push to give the unknown textured food a try. The natural banana flakes give this oatmeal a light, fruity flavor your babe will love.
- Beech-Nut Complete Stage 1 Oatmeal Baby Cereal
This whole-grain oatmeal infant cereal can be a perfect first food for baby, starting at about 4 months. You can mix this cereal with breast milk, formula, water, or Beech-Nut® baby food puree to create a soft food for baby that helps supplement their iron intake as you start solid foods. Beech-Nut® cereals come in a portable plastic canister, where you can use the lid to measure and mix.
It is not only healthy for babies, but also babies love to eat this. You can try if you are struggling to feed your baby and see the result!
- Great Value O’s Honey Nut Oat Cereal
Great Value Honey Nut O’s Oat Cereal is an awesome breakfast choice that combines real honey sweetness with chopped almonds in every oat O. Breakfast should be delicious and nutritious without breaking the bank, that is why families reach for this yummy, budget-friendly option. Every serving contains an incredible 13 essential daily vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Zinc and more, and only 1.5 grams of fat, making it the perfect morning muding Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Zinc and more, and only 1.5 grams of fat, making it the best morning meal option for a healthy lifestyle.
- Semper Fruktgrot – Fruit Porridge with Pear and Banana from 8 months
Easy to make. Just stir the mix into a bowl of warm water and it’s ready to eat. They are naturally Unsweetened. They are enriched with iodine, calcium and vitamins. This one is Suitable for children aged 8 months or above. This one is very popular for its health value and taste.
- Heinz Creamed Porridge 6 x 120g
This one is in the list for its calcium amount. It can provide the required daily amount of calcium for infants and young children. This one is suitable for microwave. It can be a good choice for those who are vegetarian. It is best served warm and from a bowl. To warm stand in hot water and stir. Always check the temperature before serving.
Cereals: good-to-know facts
- Beware of brand extensions. Marketers realize the importance of brand loyalty, so they often keep a brand name, even if the product inside has changed significantly. For example, original Cheerios is made with whole grain oats, with no sugar added. But some of the newer varieties are not 100 percent whole grain and have added sugar. Lesson? Check the nutrition labels and ingredients of all cereals, even of your favorites and brands you trust. Our Best Baby Cereals review worth it!
- Cereal may be the leading example of a product that costs very little to make but has its price inflated because of the millions of dollars spent on advertising. The price of national brands may cause you to do a double-take when you see a box for, say, $6.99. Stock up during sales, or look for store brands or “minor” brands (the ones that come in a bag instead of a box) that offer virtually the same product for a fraction of the price.
There are multiple healthy choices when it comes to solid foods that your little one can eat easily. Baby cereals that are supplemented with iron are good choices. You can pick a single-grain infant cereal, such as rice, oat, or barley, or a multi-grain option. Those which are best baby cereals in the market will obviously give great taste and nutrition value. The goal with solid foods is that you want your baby to get all of the essential vitamins and nutrients needed for a healthy diet. Good choice of baby cereals will satisfy you in this issue.